Treatment for excessive sweating
Sweating is one of the most important and natural ways in which the body cools down and regulates temperature – we all do it. If, however, you sweat more than you need to you, may be suffering from hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating.
It can be uncomfortable and embarrassing, making you feel self-conscious in work and social situations. The good news is that we can help address this problem in a number of ways.
- Excessive sweating can be treated
- No more embarrassing sweat patches showing at meeting or social events
- No more having to carry clean, dry clothes and change through out the day
- No more reticent handshakes because you're worried about sweaty hands
- No more avoiding social events or feeling self-conscious when meeting people
Excessive sweating is a physiological problem that has nothing to do with cleanliness. It is not known why some people are affected and others are not.
If you suffer with excessive sweating then we can help. We’ll start with a consultation where we can look at your lifestyle and explore possible solutions, these could include:
- Nutritional advice
- Lifestyle choices
- Stopping the sweating by temporarily blocking the chemical signals from your nerves that stimulate your sweat glands
How do we block the chemical signals that trigger excessive sweating?
Botox or Dysport can be prescribed to temporarily blocking the chemical signals from your nerves that stimulate your sweat glands, thus stopping the sweating. The treatment can be administered either by using traditional needles or, if you prefer, by a non-injection method. Don’t worry if you’re not sure which is right for you, we can talk you through both processes at your consultation, enabling you to make an informed choice.
When would I see results?
You will notice a huge reduction in sweating in 4 weeks after your first treatment and the results will last an average of 6 months. It is easy to miss some sweat glands at the initial treatment, but a review conducted at 4 weeks will ensure complete success (any extra treatment required at that review is free).